March 18, 2020
We continue to see the cases of diagnosed Covid-19 compound both nationwide and here in Florida.
March 18 Letter to Members [PDF]
March 14, 2020
Additional guidance has been issued by the CDC and we are taking the following actions:
- For Assisted Living, we have canceled communal dining. We will be providing meal service direct to resident rooms.
- Skilled Nursing residents will continue to dine in their dining area unless they have visitors or are currently ill. This is due to the additional assistance and monitoring required when dining. Meal delivery is of course available upon request.
- Face masks will be required for allowed Care Services visitors to, which remains those visiting a loved one at the end of life only.
- All Care Services team members will be screened for fevers and respiratory symptoms at the start of their shifts. As was our previous practice, if someone is ill or experiencing symptoms, they will be sent home.
- We will be performing daily screening of all Care Services Members for fever and respiratory symptoms.
- The Care Services salon will be closed until further notice. All other non-care related 3rd party services will cease until further notice.
- We have greatly reduced our group activities and will continue to do so. Our activities team members will provide alternative activities in their place.
We thank all our Members and their loved ones for taking this and all other communications seriously.
March 11, 2020
In addition to the previously communicated precautions we have heightened our visitor restrictions to our campus in general.
All visitors to our campus must enter through main entrances to be signed in.
- This applies to all care levels, including Independent Living.
- Sign-ins include acknowledgement of compliance with our posted policy on symptoms, travel, and hand washing.
- We are extending the manned desk hours to ensure compliance.
All non-essential visits to the Care Services sections of our campus are restricted until further notice.
- Appropriate exceptions include visits that are care related or due to end of life.
- Our activities team members will assist with video chat for those who wish to remain in contact with their loved one. Please contact us to arrange a remote visit.
- We are actively modifying our outing schedule based on risk of exposure.
- Substitute activities will occur in place of any canceled outings.
March 11 Letter to Members [PDF]
March 01, 2020
We understand the concerns about COVID-19 and its potential risk to our Members, Team Members, and all those that visit our community. At this time, there have been no confirmed or suspected cases at our community. We are taking this threat very seriously and feel confident that our 31 years of experience combined with the efforts of our Team Members, Members, and all visitors will help us provide the safest environment possible.
Much of our preparation, prevention, and care for COVID-19 is very similar to what we are proactive about every year for the Flu. Our actions will follow our established internal policies regarding communicable diseases and the published guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and our local, state, and federal authorities. Much of our preparation, prevention, and care for COVID-19 is very similar to what we are proactive about every year for the Flu.
Our number one goal is to help our Members live longer, healthier and happier lives. We ask that everyone sanitize their hands and anyone experiencing the following symptoms, or have come in contact with anyone with these symptoms, or traveled to an area with confirmed cases, not enter our campus:
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Difficulty Breathing
*If visiting a Member that is utilizing Hospice and you are displaying any of the above symptoms please let us know and we will make the necessary accommodations.
We have an internal mass communication system for both our Members, their loved ones, and our Team Members. We use this tool to provide quick and detailed updates. Please contact us if you are an existing member or family member and wish to be included in these communications. We will continue to use our website to provide general information and updates as appropriate.